Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday's Tips: 13

Avoid Trigger Foods!

What are trigger foods? Well, they are the foods that once you start eating you can't stop. I have a few like: Nutella, Nobake-Cookies (which i make on rare occasions), Marshmallow Creme, Sun Chips... etc. You get the idea.

Anyway, today's tip spawns from my lack of control with a new food that I must add to my 'DO NOT BUY' list.... Quaker HONEY GRAHAM 'Oh's' Cereal....
YUM, but AHHHHH.... do you want to hear something pathetic and that might come as a shock to you? I bought a box yesterday thinking that it'd be fun to have a bowl as a dessert after the kids were in bed. I ate 1/2 the BOX!!!! :( Crazy, isn't it? Anyway, this delectable cereal is one of my Trigger foods that can induce binge eating, so I will no longer allow myself the privilege of buying it. Instead, when I go to the grocery store, I will allow myself the one longing look at it, as I've done for a couple of months now with my Nutella, and then I will pass it by and move onto foods that aren't addictive.

Good luck! :)

3 comments:

  1. I only laugh because I know the feeling all too well. I've done it waaay too often, therefore there are foods that I don't buy very often anymore. (Nutella used to be one of them until my allergy to hazelnuts surfaced.) Oreos would be another for me. Or oreos and vanilla icecream... (Yummy shakes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a couple that I have identified as definite triggers. One is Drumstick ice cream cones. I will eat the whole box if I thought Danny wouldn't be mad about me eating his. The other is one I can think of is the Sweet & Salty granola bars with Almonds. I ate the entire box of 6 on Monday. Was I hungry? No, but my mouth didn't want to stop.

    I'm not even going to try your above-mentioned cereal in case it has the same effect on me.

    ReplyDelete

Labels