Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday's Tips: 12

Make a dinner Calendar. If you fill out a dinner Calendar then you can compile a shopping list of things you need and you're less likely to load your shopping basket with junk food. It's not hard to create a dinner calendar, just make a list of somewhat healthy/healthy meals, then break them into categories and then assign one of those categories to a specific day of the week.

Example: Mondays= Italian, Tuesday= Asian.... etc.

Under Italian:
Whole wheat Spaghetti with Salad,
Homemade Pizza on Whole Wheat crust with Salad... etc.

Even better, if you use a blank calendar like this one, you can print off two, fill them up, leave the dates blank, and then just alternate them for whatever month. Obviously you can substitute what you want for special occasions etc., but at least this way if you're too tired to try and figure out what to make for dinner, the decision is already made for you. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's such a good idea! I subscribe to a site called www.plantoeat.com. It was a little bit of work to set up, but once it's done I have all my recipes from all my different cookbooks in one place and I can just drag and drop what I want to eat for every meal, including snacks. I find it very convenient. It also generates a shopping list that you can separate into different stores if you want. I find that it really helps me with #1 making sure I don't forget to put anything on my shopping list, so I don't end up having to go back to the store later on, and #2 Since it tells me how many times and how long ago I had something on the menu, we end up eating a greater variety of dishes. The program really does a lot of cool things that are to numerous to list here. I would just suggest checking it out and using the free trial for a month and see everything it can do.

    ReplyDelete

Labels