Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wednesday's Weigh-in: Week 2

I'm happy to say that I did really well this week with my exercise. I exercised 4 times doing different things, and I made sure each time to include some basic strength training like planks, crunches, lunges, leg lifts and squats. I also made a conscious effort to not only watch the kind of food I was eating, but to watch the amount I was eating. The AMOUNT can be what's trickiest for some people. Let's say you're used to eating 2500 calories a day and then you suddenly try to drop down to 1600 calories, your body is definitely going to protest and you'll find it difficult to stick to fewer calories. Headaches, hunger pains, and fatigue will fight you until you can't take it anymore. To combat this, try keeping a food journal and calculating how many calories you're eating on a regular basis. Then slowly decrease the amount each week. I have been eating about 2300 calories, but from past experience I know that in order to be the size I like, I have to eat no more than 1600 calories a day and exercise on a regular basis. So, this week I focused on eating no more than 2100 calories, and I didn't suffer from the yucky side-effects mentioned above. When I stepped on the scale today, I was pleased to see that I've lost 2 pounds, and I currently weigh 156.6 lbs. Slow and steady baby, slow and steady. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels