Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday's Tips: 9

I like to veg in front of the TV or read a good book after I've put my children to bed. A couple of years ago, I always kept naughty snacks like trail mix and chocolate chips handy. However, after I started ballooning out, I realized that I was eating way too much junk and calories that way, so I stopped. Now if I want a snack, I pop some popcorn, put the amount I want in a bowl and sit down. I leave the bag on the counter in the kitchen so if I really want more I have to physically get up and refill my bowl. I also find that keeping baby carrots, sliced cucumbers and/or celery sticks handy gives me more choices on guilt free snacks to fill my bowl.

Tip:
DON'T keep junk food near the your lounging spot!

Keeping bad food within an arm's reach makes it way too easy to give in to a whim of indulgence and overeat. If you absolutely must have something naughty, put a little in a bowl, and limit yourself to that amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels