Thursday, August 18, 2011

Counting Calories!

My trainer said the next step in a total lifestyle transformation is to count calories. Sure, I thought. I eat relatively healthy and don't keep a bunch of junk food in the house. Well, I didn't keep alot of junk food in the house and we did eat a little better....BUT, my husband is TDY (temporary duty yonder) for 5 weeks so OF COURSE I have stocked up on ice cream, root beer, chocolate and chips for my late night Glee or Gilmore Girls TV viewing pleasure. AND since he isn't home for dinner that means more kid friendly dinners like corn dogs, pizza, and mac-n-cheese. They still get a their daily fruit and veggie intake, but why not have a little down time when dad is gone.

Anyway, the point is...COUNTING CALORIES IS NO FUN!!! I ate 1 serving of oreos, which was like almost 500 calories and all I could think is: I just worked my butt off on the elliptical for 30 mins burning as many calories as it took to devour 6 oreos in 3 mins. NO WONDER we're all obese! What the heck is in those things!!

It has been a real eye opener. The first two days I thought I'd eat like I wasn't accountable and boy oh boy thats alotta calories! Then I stated eating like I knew I'd have to report in. Then I noticed myself thinking, "Yeah, I'm gonna pass on those chips because I'd be embarrassed to report that all I had for lunch was Doritos."

I guess counting calories does have its advantages :-) So I'm going to count away and tame the incurable sweet tooth!

2 comments:

  1. How's the counting calories going? I count away and somedays I wish I was in ignorant bliss because I go way overboard and then pout at the scale...lol. You're doing great... Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this comments :-) It's going well! I just can't believe how many calories are in food that I thought was good for me!! But yes, ignorance was bliss...but now we can't go back :-)

    ReplyDelete

Labels