Monday, January 9, 2012

Good-Bye and Thank you!

I'm sorry I've been so lame at posting here. Baby number 5 is on the way! I did get into a good exercise routine before getting pregnant. In fact, I was telling Travis a few months ago how much better I feel about myself. Before we moved I was really feeling lethargic and bloated. I was really unhappy that I wasn't taking better care of myself, which resulting in a downward spiral of not caring. Bonnie-Jean has been such an inspiration with her blog and her can-do attitude.

What really helped me was getting a personal trainer. I'm not saying that everyone should run out, join a gym and spend 100's of dollars on a person to tell you what to do. I'm saying that we should all find someone we are held accountable to. If they are cheering us along the way, if they are expecting you to show up, if they are pushing your self-imposed limits, if they are helping you set good habits, if they helping you realize what other areas of your life you need to change to be healthier (addictions, eating, stress), then they are personal trainers. They are your friends. And once you feel good about yourself and you're in a habit, then you know you're golden!

A habit is something you do naturally. When you want to work out, when you choose an apple over Doritos, then you have healthy habits and no weight-loss fad will ever tempt you again. I may never have a flat tummy and my love-handles may never entirely disappear, my thighs will probably always touch, but I'm happy. My heart is happy and my mind is happy. And that is all that counts.

This is the first time that I will be exercising during my pregnancy and I'm excited about that. And who knows, maybe in 6 months you'll see me resurface here again with not as much to lose and a better blogger.

Thank you Bonnie-Jean for allowing me to guest blog and for your inspiration. May good health continue to bless you and your faithful readers!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and good luck with your pregnancy. I'm excited to hear how prenatal exercising helps you out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels