Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Sweets: Chocolate Healthy Smoothie

I drink a lot of smoothies. It's a good way to get fresh fruits and veggies into my diet, but sometimes I want them to taste especially yummy. Today, I decided I wanted to make one chocolate-y so here's what I came up with and it's delicious!

1/2 cup Vanilla Rice Milk
1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1/2 cup Fresh Baby Spinach
1/4 cup diced Cucumber
1/4 cup Frozen Strawberries
1/4 cup Frozen Blueberries
1 Tbsp. Light Organic Agave Nectar
2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder

Blend all of the ingredients in a blender on High until smooth. Enjoy!

(Optional: This smoothie is also tasty without the Agave and Cocoa Powder if you just want the berry flavor.)

P.S. I use a Vitamix, it's an amazing blender although it's pricy. Since I use it everyday and multiple times a day, it's one of my favorite kitchen investments. I also use it to grind my own whole-grain flours.

1 comment:

  1. Hey BJ, do you drink a lot of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk? I have about 4 cartons that I'm not using if you'd like them. Just text me and I can drop them off at your place.

    ReplyDelete

Labels