Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thoughts for Thursday 5

I've been in a funk lately. The kids have been bothering me more than usual and my patience has been missing. It's really been keeping me down. However, today, I dragged myself out of bed extra early this morning and did a P90x workout called Yoga X. The difference is amazing. I realize now that because I haven't been exercising as regularly as usual my mood has been negatively affected. In order to find joy in life, I need to start my day off with the endorphins I get from a good workout. I'm recommitting to my active morning routine, and I'm working on figuring out more ways to spend quality time with my kids outside.

The thought: Starting your day off with a good workout can help you think more clearly and keep a more positive outlook!

4 comments:

  1. I feel crabby and impatient with my little guy as well, I need to heed you example and get my butt up and exercise in the morning! Getting more outside could be a tad more tricky with the weather we have been having here unfortunately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, winter weather can pose a problem, but there are so many great options for exercise programs that you can do indoors, I'd definitely take advantage of what you can. :)

      Delete
  2. I pop into your blog every once in a while and I like your tips! I miss morning work outs but I am so bad at giving into the excuse that my two girls don't always sleep well. You're an inspiration, though! I have started counting calories and exercising to lose weight again. Thanks for the effort you've made and put into this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this post Joo Lin. :) I'm glad that you find my blog helpful. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. I'm always up for learning new things.

      Delete

Labels