Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday's Tips: 2

Today's tip is try incorporating whole grains/whole grain flours into your diet.

I find that when I eat whole grains I stay full a lot longer. With that said, I don't remember the last time I had to purchase a bag of All-Purpose Flour; we go through Whole Wheat flour like crazy though. We started off just substituting 25% of the regular flour with Whole Wheat and kept working into adding more and more. Now most of the stuff we make, we use 100% Whole Wheat flour and we feel full a lot longer! You can also add other whole grain flours like Oat flour and Barley flour to add extra nutrition. However, don't use 100% of those other flours in place of All-purpose because they don't bake the same. I just substitute about 25% of the Wheat flour with a variety of other whole grain flours. If you want complete proteins, try to mix grains! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels