Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week 7- Getting Back on Board

I woke up this morning and decided that I've had enough pity-party time and I need to get back into the regular swing of things. That said, I decided to walk to the library this morning. I went to the doctor last week because of pain I've been having in my knee and he said I've developed tendonitis in the knee and I need to cut back on some things and increase on others. I was in pain and my husband was getting ready to leave so I just stopped exercising all together until now. I figure I want to be as attractive as I can be for the next time I see my handsome hubby. I am glad that I've continued to lose some weight, at least I didn't gain any of it back. I admit that my diet has not been as healthy as I normally enjoy and my energy level has definitely been affected negatively by it. I was simply trying to make whatever my husband wanted before he deployed and wouldn't get any more of my home cooking for a year so we had cookies, cakes, brownies, ice-cream.... etc... I did still try and make things a little healthier like the cookies were made with whole-wheat flour and oats, the brownies had half the oil cut out, and the cakes were made with applesauce. So, I guess I wasn't too horrible but based on the way I feel today I've decided to definitely limit my sugar intake.

Things to change for now:
I am not to do any lunges or jogging for awhile. (This makes me sad because I was up to jogging 1 1/2 miles without stopping)
I am to walk, use the elliptical and use stationary bikes as much as I want as long as there's minimal resistance.
I am to add seated front leg lifts to my routine to help build up the muscles directly around my knee. (see directions below)
I am to take Ibuprofen 3 times a day and ice my knee after I exercise to help minimize swelling.


My new goal is to eventually be able to run a 5K in under 45 minutes.



Seated Leg Lift Directions:
Step 1
Sit on the floor with your legs straight in front of you. Touch your legs together. Pull your toes back. Sit up straight. Put your hands on the floor next to your hips and straighten them. Fingers should be pointing forward.
Step 2
Lift your right leg straight into the air a couple of inches. Keep pulling your toes back. Maintain a straight spine and do not lean back. Exhale as you lift. You should feel this in your quad, which is the large muscle on the top of your upper leg.
Step 3
Lower your leg with control back to the floor. Inhale as you do so.
Step 4
Lift your left leg the same way as you did your right leg. Alternate lifting your legs until you have done at least 12 reps per leg.

(Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/79574-slim-down-legs/#ixzz0sNtRNxgU )

2 comments:

  1. and keep up the good work. just think how hot you'll look when your hubby comes home!

    ReplyDelete

Labels