Friday, July 23, 2010

Fitness Friday:3

Flexibility! I've mentioned it before but with my recent doctors visits my thoughts were reaffirmed. While I work on trying to get my knees back into tip top shape, the importance of increasing my flexibility comes to the forefront. I plan on making flexibility a top priority by warming up and stretching every morning.

Would you like to become more flexible? One of the main things that a lot of people do incorrectly is not holding a stretch long enough. A minimum of 30 seconds is recommended. Here's some other ideas about how to stretch properly.

Also, try and stretch all of your major muscle groups regularly:
Neck,
Triceps,
Shoulders,
Abs,
Back,
Sides,
Buttocks,
Groin,
Quadriceps,
Hamstrings (my personal nemesis),
Gastrocnemius a.k.a. Calves,
and Shins.
(When done properly it should take between 10-12 minutes)

I think I need to be more flexible in other areas of my life as well:
Emotionally,
Mentally, and
Spiritually.

Maybe I should try and become an all around contortionist... hehe

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! It totally helps motivate me, you are doing so great!

    ReplyDelete

Labels