Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week 10: Thirst/Hunger Confusion.

How do you know you're actually hungry and not thirsty? It's possible that you're receiving the wrong signal. When you're feeling hungry and it hasn't been very long since you last ate, try drinking a large glass of water and waiting 10 minutes to see if you're still hungry. The same advice applies after you've been working out, instead of ravaging the contents of your frig and pigging out, drink a bunch of water and wait an hour.

I've managed to consistently lose a pound of week since Week 3 of this blog, and staying hydrated by drinking water instead of eating right after working out has helped me keep my weight loss going. I'm curious to see when my progress will stop. It's always a pleasant surprise to get on the scale and see that the number has gone down again. :) I've also enjoyed the small but steady changes in my measurements.

I've not been exercising as much as I once was, but I'm still learning to balance my life now that my husband is gone for a year long deployment. I'm not perfect but the trick is I keep going... right?!

Next week I plan on getting some updated swimsuit pictures to post to see if my progress is noticeable.... so.... stay tuned... :D

P.S. Words of support would not be discouraged if you feel so inclined... ;o)

1 comment:

Labels