Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Week 9: What's the Ideal?


People have different ideas of what the ideal body should look like. I think a woman's ideal proportions should be based on her own measurements. I'll explain my guidelines for my goals below:

Measure your Wrist. Wrist x 2= Neck. Neck x 2 = Waist.

Measure you Ankle. Ankle x 2 =Thigh. Thigh x 2 = Hips and Bust (Chest)

So here's my ideal:............ Here's my reality:
Wrist = 6 1/2 " ..................Wrist = 6 1/2"
Neck = 13 1/2 " .................Neck = 13 1/2"
Waist = 27 ".......................Waist = 30 1/2"

Ankle = 9 1/2 ".................Ankle = 9 1/2"
Thigh = 19 ".....................Thighs = 21 1/2 "
Hips = 38 ".......................Hips = 38 "
Bust = 38 ".......................Bust = 42 "

So, to reach my ideal I need to:
-lose 3 1/2 inches off waist
-lose 2 1/2 inches off each thigh
-lose 4 inches off my bust, although my husband may say otherwise...lol. :)

To go along with this idea I'm updating my goals box on the side bar. We'll see what happens.

5 comments:

  1. do you mean the bony part of the ankle or the skinny part above that? with this idea I would have to lose a TON of inches... like 5 off my waist for starters! not that I wouldn't like to be that skinny again, but now I think I would have to be anorexic to acheive those goals! you are doing great, I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it doesn't work for everyone but it works for some. :) You measure the biggest parts of your ankle and wrist. Thanks for the compliment Robin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least my neck's at the correct proportion! ... Everything else?

    Well, I have let myself go to seed quite a bit. At least this gives me an idea of what I should work towards (but, really, with the ideal vs. reality? ANYTHING would be an improvement). ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unless the bust measurement is the around-the-ribs-only bit instead of the whole caboodle ... if that's the case, I'm a half-inch away from the ideal on that one!

    ReplyDelete

Labels