Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday's Tips: 5

Craving something really bad for you like doughnuts or ice cream? Well, instead of buying a box of a dozen doughnuts, or a tub of ice cream, make a plan to go out. I don't deny myself yummy things, but I don't leave them sitting in my house in front of my face either. When I want a doughnut I'll go to a doughnut shop and choose 1 decadent creation and then eat it slowly. When I want ice cream I'll visit a superb ice cream parlor and choose a scoop of some amazing flavor and savor it. When I'm done I'll not have eaten more than 500 calories and I won't feel like I've completely ruined any of my progress. If you plan it far enough ahead of time you can even budget the treat into your daily calorie allotment.

Tip: Don't deny yourself something yummy, but instead of buying too much of something and bringing it into your home to stare at you, go out to a specialty shop and purchase a small amount of something amazing! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good point! I do tend to snack when I have treats around. It does cost more to go out, but maybe the price is worth the inches? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly Nikki, how much would you be willing to spend to not have extra inches? :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels